Saturday, January 23, 2010

Perhaps...

I suppose I am allowed to say that Fate was cruel in letting us meet, and having me fall in love with you. For you, I stopped pinning my hair, even though it now gets in my face, because you didn't like girls who showed their foreheads. I wait for you at the end of each day because you are slow, but I am a hypocrite because as soon as I am slow, I ask you to wait, and then I overtake you and keep on going. I want to shield you from this world. I worry about you day and night, and at the end of each day, I stupidly cry because you do not take care of yourself. You say that you never want to see me cry, only tears of joy, but what I want the most is someone who would wipe my tears away, but at the same time, allow me to cry on their shoulder. Maybe I'm dreaming and that no such person exists. I am afraid of every little thing in this world and am a coward. I want to become stronger, but I am weak in many ways. That is why I was drawn in by your poison.

I feel incredibly stupid that I was drawn to you, knowing that you may never feel the same way. It hurts, and I know it is wrong, but I still am drawn, and that will one day bring me down.

Maybe I'm selfish for saying this, but perhaps maybe you owe it to me to not make me worry, to teach me how to relax. Because I can only relax when I'm with you. But then again, maybe I am selfish because I am interpreting it all this way. Maybe you do not interpret what I do as I do. But I know that I've taken your heartbreak and turned it into my own. For that I am glad.

I know that I do not know the rules, and I am selfish.
And for that I am sorry.

0 comments: